9.21.2011

Yummy Treats!

In honor of my absolute favorite time of year, I just had to share this recipe I found for pumpkin spiced crispy treats! Yum! I've had this treat on my "I gotta try this fast-to do" list! After eyeballing it for the last week or so, I finally made the trip to the grocery store to buy what I needed for this fun recipe. I just made my first batch and it's delicious! And the best part is, it took me about 5 minutes ;D This makes for a great snack/dessert and I invite you try some for yourself!


Pumpkin Spiced Krispy Treats
1/4 cup of salted butter
1 (10.5) bag of mini marshmallows
1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
6 cups of Rice Krispies (one regular sized box of Rice Krispy cereal)

That's it!

On med/low heat, melt your butter. Once it's melted continue to cook until golden brown (be careful not to burn, once it begins to brown it can burn easily). Next, add the bag of 'mallows (like they'd say in the Sandlot, haha!) and the pumpkin spice. Stir it up until the marshmallows have melted. Once they've melted, remove from heat and stir in the krispies. Once it is all stirred together, put in 9x9 pan. Last but not least, spray a piece of wax paper with non-stick spray and use that to gently press down krispies into place. Wait 30 min before cutting into squares. Viola! At this point you can just dig in, as my husband and I plan to do, or if you have a decorating bone, you could take it a step further and get "fall" cookie cutters. For example, pumpkins, or leaves, and really get creative with your treats. Ice your squares how you want with different colors and sprinkles, the options are limitless.



Have fun and enjoy. Happy fall everybody!

Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment