10.07.2011

Halloween Costume Ideas!

Hey everybody! The topic of halloween costumes came up today as it always does this time of year and the big question on everybody's mind is, "What should I be this year?! What are you going to be?!", haha! It always sneaks up on us right? And then before we know it, all the costumes at Target & Walmart are all bought out and then we're really stuck!

Well I've always been a huge fan of "do it yourself-ers", a word I just made up for those who think outside the box. Those costumes that get your attention and make you think to yourself,"Why didn't I think of that!" My favorite part about Halloween is the creativity involved in the costumes people come up with. I love it! SO on that note I've explored lots of fun costumes that will maybe take a little legwork out of your search. Here is a small list of some fun costumes that are sure to set you apart from the crowd. Just a little something to get the creative juices flowing!

Rock, Paper, Scissors


Oh man I love this! When I saw this picture all I could think to myself was BRILLIANT!


Publisher's Clearing House


This I love. I actually did this with a friend about 4 or 5 years ago, needless to say I didn't have a digital camera back then and I don't have a scanner so I can't share my own pic :p BUT we were a hit at the party! Everyone loved it! Ladies, just rat your hair a little, give yourself the "I just rolled out of bed" look and throw in a couple pink foam curlers and wear some jams. Guys, make your big check, get some balloons and put on your suit. Go ahead and spray a little gray into your hair and grab some thick black glasses!


Garden Gnomes


So fun! Do this as a group or on your own. I love their props! You could even make a sign that says "welcome to our lovely garden" or make yourself a fishing pole with a bright red fish like this guy...

Go ahead, google "garden gnomes" and see what other fun props you can come up with ;D


I Love Lucy


My friends Jasmine and Manny did this last year for Halloween, how fun is it?! They look so amazingly great and I'm a huge Lucy fan so I instantly fell in love!


Castaway


Oh yes, love this movie, love this idea. Tom Hanks and his side kick Wilson!


Birthday Girl & Piniata


I'll explain this one a little. This is my friend Thi! She basically found a little princess dress, wore birthday girl accessories such as a tiara, birthday girl button and birthday girl sash. Then she found those little ruffle fold down socks like you used to wear when you were little ;) and I think she had a Hannah Montana purse (nice touch) and brought a big plastic bat. Then she found this big "animal" type costume and glued tissue paper all over its head to make it look like a piniata (you have to really get creative with your piniata folks) and when it was their turn to show off their costume on stage, she pretended like she was hitting him with her bat and he threw candy out to all of us, it was hilarious and they won first place!



Spice Girls


Oh yeah, I used to love the spice girls back in the day. Great idea to do with your ladies!


Roller Coaster Riders


Awesome!! How did these guys come up with this idea?! I don't know but I love it! This would have your friends cracking' up :D



Paper Dolls


I love this, so clever! Well done ladies.


Where's Waldo


My husband and I are suckers for a Where's Waldo book! If I make it home in time for Halloween this year I want to be "Waldette" Waldo's lady friend ;) The funniest part about this costume is you can hide behind people in all your pictures, how hilarious is that?! Ha!


Tetris


This is so cool, I love how they did this. Great idea!


Raining Cats & Dogs


This is too cute, anyone could do it and it would be such an easy, cheap DIY costume!


Toy Story Slinky Dog


Not sure how they pulled this off but how awesome would it be to see this at your next Halloween outing? Super cool.


Three Blind Mice


I absolutely love this, such an original and cute idea!!


Forrest Gump


AMAZING! All I got to say about this one ;D


Nerds


This is fantastic! I used to eat these like it was nobody's business back in the day. What a super fun idea!


Target Lady


For the SNL fans, how amazing would it be if the Target Lady showed up at your next Halloween party?! She is HILARIOUS and my favorite SNL character, I gotta do this one year!


Pac Man


Haha!


Wind Blown Lady


Too cool, love this! The link to this website is at the bottom of my page if you're interested in this one.


Humpty Dumpty


For you soon to be mommas out there!

More Ideas

Deer & Hunter
A couple years back I was a hunter and my friend was a deer. I found myself a bright orange hunter vest from the thrift and wore camo pants and a camo hat with a badge that said "if it flies, it dies" haha! Then Chels wore a bullseye on her dress, pinned on a bushy little tail and wore antlers. It was a hit!

The Whomping Willow
For all you Harry Potter fans out there! We saw a whomping willow at the Harry Potter premiere a few months back and it was so funny! He walked around whomping everybody, I think it would be cool to put a little blue car in your branches too. Love it!


I hope some of these inspired you! You could modify any of these for kids, babies or pets too. The options are limitless! Have fun getting creative this year folks, I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! Please feel free to share any other creative ideas in the comment box below, I'd LOVE to hear them! Here's the link to my favorite Halloween costume website if you'd like to search more ideas. Happy Halloween everyone!

http://www.coolest-homemade-costumes.com/

Love, Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment