6.30.2012

Chicken Tortilla Soup



Hi guys! Are you looking for a super easy, cheap and DELISH recipe? If you're anything like me, you are always on the lookout for a recipe like this one! I'd like to give a shout out to my girl Nat for passing this recipe along to me! Thanks, Nat! We are always swapping recipes and trying to find delicious ones we can't live without and this just happens to be one of them so I just have to share! Pretty much every time I ask my honey what he wants for dinner, this is what he wants. It really is so yum! Don't let the simplicity of it fool ya!

1 - 16 oz large jar of salsa (our favorite is Guy Ferrari's Original Old Skool Salsa from Walmart, I think it's like $2 and is perfect for this soup!)

1 - Small can of mexican corn

1 - Chicken bouillon cube

Water - Fill the empty salsa jar with water and pour it into the pot

1 - Rotisserie chicken; shred the whole thing (or to your liking) and put it in the soup, yum!

Put all ingredients into pot and bring to boil. Once it boils, turn heat down low and let simmer for a few minutes.

That's it! Can you believe it? You won't until you try it, it's amazing. 


Now for the fun part, add anything and everything you like to enhance your soup! Our favorites are fresh squeezed lime and chips with my daddy's famous guacamole on the side (I'll save that recipe for another day!) But you can add cilantro, sour cream, cheese, whatever you like! I have to be honest though, it's so good all I add is lime and hot sauce.

Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment