12.01.2011

Elf on a Shelf


So I was chatting with my girl Nat today and she shared with me the cutest Christmas idea for the little ones! Stop me if you've heard of it...elf on a shelf?! I'm sure it's already a tradition for many families but if you've never heard of it, you may want to try it with your kiddos this year for fun :D The concept goes a little something like this...get a cute little elf and put it up on the shelf and tell the kids he's santa's helper from the north pole and he's come to your house to be santa's eyes and ears. They observe for santa, letting him know who's naughty and who's nice, hehe! And they don't stay in just one spot, elves like to play games and are very mischevious so they don't stay in one spot for long! When the kids aren't looking you take the elf and move him somewhere different. A fun idea is to put him in the freezer for them to find, since it reminds the elf of the north pole ;) hang him from the fan, or put him on the couch holding the remote, haha! The creativity is limitless, it'll be fun playing hide and seek with the elf. And after Christmas of course the elf "goes back to the north pole with santa" until next year. I love it! Nat was cracking me up with ideas to do with your elf. This was my fave, get a dry erase marker and draw mustaches on all the faces in your frames around the living room, what a mischievous elf ;) Take funny pictures of your elf and once developed, switch out pictures in frames with pictures of the elf, he likes pictures of himself, hehe! A good spot for your elf would be in front of an open book, maybe even a Christmas book! Like I said, the ideas are never ending. I was cracking UP looking at all the things different people did with their elf, here are some of my favorites...




What child doesn't love milk? When they go to get some out of the fridge, the look on their face would be priceless!











Mom painted the kid's noses red while they were asleep, haha!!



Have fun with your elf on a shelf!! I can't wait to do this someday with my kiddies ;D And let's not forget the real reason for the season everyone, the birth of our savior and friend, Jesus Christ!


For unto us a child is born, to us a son is given...And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

No comments:

Post a Comment